FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Completely Unacceptable CO Booking Error
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:55 am
robin.goodman

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
Completely Unacceptable CO Booking Error

I was scheduled to fly CDG-JFK-CDG on AF, booked through CO using OnePass miles this Friday. I called to change my AF outbout flight to a later time, agent says ok, no problem, and emails me a new confirmation showing the new flights and everything is OK.

Then, today, I call AF to make seat assignments and they say I have no outbound reservation.

I call CO to figure out what is wrong, and they tell me that there is no reservation outbound either. Upon further research, the agent who changed the time of my flight failed to re-issue the ticket and thus my reservation was cancelled. Now, of course, there are no more reward seats on the AF flight that I need to take. CO told me that they have "requested" that AF release an award seat for me, but that this cannot be guaranteed and I have to check back in 24 hours. As someone who flys AF 2x per week, I give a very small chance that AF is this nice. I made very clear that this was 100% an error of Continental and that I expected this to be resolved, however they told me that all they can do is try and they cannot promise that theywill book a paid seat on this flight if AF will not release it.

To me, this seems totally absurd. I fly 5K miles per week on CO & AF combined, and have plat with both airlines. This is not a way to treat your best customers who spend hundreds of K / year with you. I fully would expect that Continental should buy me a ticket on this flight, as this booking error was fully theirs and theirs alone. I understand human error is unavoidable, but taking responsibility for the error is very important.

Anyone else every had problems like this ??
Any suggestions on what I might do ?