FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why can't I check in online on Delta.com?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 7:12 pm
cmh flyer

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Why can't I check in online on Delta.com?

I have an early morning flight and just tried to check in on line and print my boarding pass, but I am unable to do so. I tried doing so from the link in the email Delta sent reminding me to check in. And I tried to do it by going to the Delta Home page and typing in my name and confirmation number.

The web site says I am not checked in and I am ineligible to do so. When I click on "Why can't I check in?", it gives this message.....

"
  • Here are some reasons why you may not be able to check in online:
    • You can only be checked in for one trip at a time. If you are flying Delta more than once within a 24 hour period, you will be able to check in once your previous trip is complete.
    • If you are traveling with a seat request card or don’t currently have a seat assignment, we’ll wait to issue a boarding pass at the gate. Our gate agents will be able to assist you once your seat is assigned.
    • We noticed from your passport information that you may be required to present additional international travel documents before check-in. Our agents at the airport ticket counter can help.
    • Your flight is operated by one of Delta’s connection partners and is not a Delta-oper
    ated flight. Please see an agent at the airport ticket counters for assistance.
"

My ticket is a 006 Delta ticket and the flights are Delta and CHAUTAUQUA metal CMH-CVG-MKE. I am not traveling more than once in a 24 hour period. I have seat assignments.

Since my flight is very early in the morning, I was hoping to save some time at the airport and wanted to go directly to the gate since I am not checking bags. Why can't I check in online?