FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:44 am
enigmatic

I am utterly confused by delighted?? I booked EWR -- YVR and cancelled it?? I called them and I got disconnected. But when I looked my flight says:

! Your itinerary cannot be retrieved because it has been cancelled. You may use the portion of your ticket that has not been flown towards a new trip by selecting the Change Flight link below. A change fee may apply.
This reservation is Cancelled.

It says that an ETC will be sent for the remaining amount after I book a flight.. happy days!~

No CHANGE fee either

I still don't know how long the quasi ecert would last, quasi as in all you do is type in your confirmation # and last name and a credit for about 2000$ comes up.. not secure IMO.
TIA

EDIT: I guess I caught them while they were changing my itinerary, I was on the phone... so they do have the ability to refund the itinerary instantly to the confirmation number. I specifically asked for an ETC though and they said okay its taken care of but be careful... they didn't even have my address, how would they have any idea where to send it to!!!

So I gave them my address and took down the Reps name I hope I get my ETC soon. First thing I will do it to book a weekend trip to CALI on it! 500 extra miles for booking online now too!

Last edited by enigmatic; Feb 10, 2009 at 10:55 am