FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Burlington, Vermont [Master Thread] now Doubletree
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:35 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
ALCO --

Thanks for finally starting a master thread on this hotel. I've been staying here with some frequency for about 15 years now and it's a consistently good choice. The hotel is well run and the property is well maintained.

It's interesting to note that the core front of this hotel has been in place since at least the mid 1960s and was, at first, a motor lodge! Over the years, various changes were made, additions were tacked on and, eventually ballroom space was added. The photos you shared are of the newest section of the hotel and they all look about the same. The bathrooms were all redone last year and they turned out nice.

For Platinum Guests, you will be upgraded, automatically, to the Mansfield Club Floor (4th floor of new wing). It's kind of a hike from the front desk, but not terrible. The Club Lounge is open for breakfast with continental offerings and then again in the evenings (5:30 - 9, I think) with one hot snack and the standard cookies, veggies, cheeses, fruits and sodas. Cocktails and beer are available at bar prices.

On the whole, I think this is the sort of hotel that the Sheraton brand is aiming for. I really can't find fault with much at this hotel. If all Sheratons achieved what this hotel does, the brand would be much stronger.

Last note: you can basically forget the Presidential Suite. In 15 years, I've never gotten it and it's routinely assigned to long term quasi-residential guests (like software project folks on 6 month assignments). There is just one suite on site.