FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Burlington, Vermont [Master Thread] now Doubletree
Old Feb 6, 2009, 1:52 pm
Anglo Large Clawed Otter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Arrow [GONE] Sheraton Burlington, Vermont [Master Thread] now Doubletree

I did not see a Master Thread for this property, so figured I would start one. I had a stay at the Sheraton Burlington just before New Year's. The stay itself was fine. Staff were pleasant, free breakfast was provided as a Plat perk, and we enjoyed Burlington itself (convenient to local attractions like Ben & Jerry's, Cabot Creamery, etc.). I was upgraded to a Deluxe Room during my stay, and am not certain whether this hotel has any "Standard" suites that would be eligible for Plat upgrades. They definitely have a "Presidential Suite," which I caught a glimpse of when it was being cleaned. It looked quite nice from outside the door, but I didn't have my camera with me at the time. I did manage to snap a few shots of my Deluxe Room, though:

Deluxe Room Bedroom

Deluxe Room Bedroom

Deluxe Room Bathroom

Deluxe Room Tub

It was a pleasant enough place to sleep for a few days. Primarily, we kept busy driving around the Vermont Countryside and taking in the sights. I believe this is the only SPG property that's close to Stowe/Smuggler's Notch, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to skiers. The mountains are only about half an hour away by car.