FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] The Hilton Honors® Surpass(SM) Card from American Express
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:55 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ktremor
1) To earn up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points, you must make your first eligible purchase with the Hilton HHonors Card within one year of Card issuance. Only one first-purchase bonus per Card account. Only first-time Hilton HHonors Cardmembers will earn up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points. Cardmembers who have previously earned a first-purchase bonus from any Hilton HHonors Card from American Express earn the incremental difference of up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points.
Just called the Hilton Amex line and the CSR couldn't fine any info beyond apparently the same page that christianj found, where the additional info about the Surpass card is limited to some limited info about getting another person to use your card. She said she'd actually call back if she learns more info--I'll post if I learn more.

If I understand the above quote correctly, it looks like (assuming Amex actually makes this card available under these terms) if I earned 10,000 points for my original sign-up for my HH Amex card I can still earn 30,000 bonus points at the cost of $75 for upgrading the card. Does that sound righ?