FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:29 pm
jumpdogjump

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Stayed with Mrs JDJ and our 14-month old daughter for 3 nights ending 2-1-09. Upgraded to 3rd floor Marina Suite (no corner suites available). Club was closed - When I mentioned the Diamond Desk told me it was open, they gave me points and food(small fruit and cheese plate) and drink (2 cranberry juice and 50ml of Ketel One), with an apology ^.

Also received cont'l breakfast coupons for Red Marlin, the swanky marina-front restaurant. First day of redeeming, there was some confusion as to what should be included, but after a call to the front desk, and because I had booked the AAA rate, they gave us the full buffet ($21.95 pp value!)^.

Nice room with separate sitting room and sleeping area. Small balcony, with 180-degree view of marina with Point Loma in the distance. Small refrigerator comes in handy for leftovers or supplies from grocery store a few miles away for us budget conscious.

Only negatives were poor water pressure in the shower, and, because the sliding glass door to the balcony received Winter sun from morning til 3 pm, the bedroom was always warm - even with the blackout curtain closed and AC on high. At night, the room cooled right down with the slider open, but we were awakened by seagulls squauking and the occasional sea lion barking. With windows closed, the only bothersome marina noise was the last call for the 7 am sportfishing trip Sunday Morning.
Also, parking seemed excessive ($25 valet, $20 self-park) but didn't argue (company dime ).

Nice grounds with 3 heated pools w/cabanas and a large hot tub. Just not that many people there to enjoy them. Fitness room built out on the marina was nice with bay-view treadmills and machines, but most people seem to be jogging or running the surrounding area. Across the street, a big grassy park area for kids to run around.

100 yards from the Marina suites is a diner called "Sportsmens' Seafood". they have decent fish & chips ($8.75) and GREAT fish tacos ($5.75 for 2 large) made with Fresh Ahi. After my wife spent $7 for a hot dog at Einsteins Bagels on premise, she kicked herself for not going back.

Staff training seems to have been addressed - housekeeping staff greeted with "good morning" or "good afternoon", prompt delivery of corkscrew, extra robe & towels. All in all, a nice trip.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Feb 2, 2009 at 3:44 pm