FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Montreal, Quebec 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:18 am
nologic

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Currently staying in the middle of two night stay at the W Montreal for the weekend. Preassigned upgrade at check-in to a Fantastic Suite from a Wonderful Room. Cool room basically as described: this is essentially a "jr. suite" in conventional hotel terms. The very large open bathtub is a centerpiece. The TV swivels to viewable from either the sofa side or the bed. However, the 4 foot high room divided partially block the right side of the TV in you are sitting/laying on the right side of the bed, which is a little weird -- there was no reason to have to construct the divider like that.

After checking in, noticed that TV reception was poor. Engineering was unable to fix and was moved to a bi-level WOW suite on the 10th floor.

The room is very cool, but the bed of room 1003 seems to be up against the elevator motor, and so you hear and feel a grumbling all day/night long, every time the elevator moves. The engineer was here and confirmed the issue (mumbled something in French which I didn't understand) and said he was going to speak to the Manager on Duty to see what they can. The response was to move us one room over to 1005 where they promised it would be "quiet". Well, it was quieter, but you could still hear and feel the rumbling of the elevator motor/hydrolics. Not sure how they felt the moving one room over was going to eliminate all noise. I don't know why they would put anyone in 1003...1005 is a closer call, but still a problem. The noise from the elevator is extremely intrusive and I was unable to sleep well as a result. I will be following up with the manager on the elevator noise after the stay. Maybe they should combine these rooms, and put the bedroom on the main (10th) floor (where I don't think you will hear the elevator) and the living room up in the loft? Anyway, I recommend that people steer clear of these rooms.

Overall, I think the hotel is great the staff is excellent, especially the Concierge Daniel.

Last edited by nologic; Feb 2, 2009 at 8:28 am