FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:22 am
skchin

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Casimir
I was about to post a "+1" to abefroman's post when his disclaimer of churlishness on this forum was refuted by the very next post.

What specific evidence do you have for Marines -- even though I'm a former Army officer, what the poster was talking about specifically were Marines and their pride in uniform, so let's stick to them -- wearing their uniforms in airports to get preferential treatment.

In many years of flying, I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing a Marine in uniform. If I have, they have been very few. I have seen many Army folks, a few Navy and Air Force personnel in uniform. I myself wore my dress greens when on official business, although that's over 20 years ago now. It never occurred to me that the uniform would get me something, but of course it's wrong to extrapolate my experience to an entire population.

I'm not denying it's possible -- just asking what the evidence is, specifically for Marines.
My brother, a Navy Petty Chief, overheard couple Army grunts talking about wearing uniform to obtain possible upgrade in BWI. I'm not sure what the situation was.