FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:59 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Proud Marine Wife
We don't expect it, and the rancor generated by military getting seats does sting a bit, as we don't ask for those things. Maybe other branches do it differently, I don't know. All I know is no Marine would ever wear his uniform for an integrity violation of using it to get a seat. I absolutely understand the fury at having to give up a paid seat; I would be frustrated also.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Many of us do appreciate the efforts of all military personnel. We'd just prefer to be able to show our appreciation in our own ways, rather than Delta disregarding the published upgrade policies and showing it for us.

To get a gate pass, buy a fully refundable ticket. Many of the airlines fear the TSA so the airlines often say no to even the most reasonable request for a pass such as yours. With a fully-refundable ticket, you don't have to ask anyone's permission for what should be a given. If your daughter is indeed over 2, she'll need a ticket also unless you want to tell Comrade TSA that she is under 2.

Have a great reunion!