FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:11 am
jschutz

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
Just spent two nights at the Sheraton Carlsbad. As a Plat - was offered the Plat amenity at check-in - very pleasant lobby staff. I was told I was upgraded to the "Club Floor." I was put in what seemed to me as a standard room on the 3rd floor. Why they call it the Club floor is beyond me. The lounge is on the first floor. If you are looking for a quiet getaway hotel this is not the place. Due to its location next to Legoland - it is chock full of kids - everywhere! The lounge is always full of kids - and the one TV there is always tuned into a children's channel/program. Very minimum breakfast and appetizers (cheese) during the evening.

Acoustically - this hotel is a disaster. From inside your room you can plainly hear conversations from everyone passing your room. The restaurant (20/20) was quite good. Service was prompt and the food above average.

I would not stay here again - but it is the perfect spot if you have kids and are going to Legoland!