FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:46 pm
FlyMan

Originally Posted by guybaxy
What a shocker of a SPG property, bad smells (in corridor and lift), also outside the executive lounge on L3 smelled like a garbage truck had parked there, old tired rooms with shower over bath. Ther was an air purifier machinese in the corridor. the chjeck in staff was rough as sacks. After coming from St Regis what a come down.

They are charging minimum S$280/night. the old Le Meredien was better at least had some shops outside it.
I just finished my stay at the hotel and my experience was completely different.

When I arrived at the hotel around 9:30am, the front desk person told me my pre-assigned suite was not ready and she gave me options - either to wait for the suite till afternoon or to take a cabana room on the 5th floor right away. While I was updating a registration form, she made a couple of phone calls - she found one suite (Nairobi Suite) was just vacated. She contacted housekeeping to rush and I was sent to the Executive Lounge to enjoy breakfast and use the free PC.

My room became available at 10:30am. ^ I did not notice any smell and the bathroom was sparkling clean.

I probably encountered 6 Lounge attendants during my stay and everyone addressed me with my last name. They were all friendly, professional, and working hard. I did not notice garbage smell and the lounge offerings were fine although they could add sparkling wine in addition to red/white selection.