FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [CONFIRMED] 1/6/09 NW E-mail: Plats to Pay $100 for Award Ticket Redeposits Beg 3/1
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:07 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
What a crock - two changes/redeposits. But they release award inventory so sporadically that it is difficult at best to find good connections the first time around. At least they are listening, if even only a little.

I have been having fun today handing out dozens of flyers. Almost all people are genuinely thankful. I was stuck in MCI for 5 hours (mechanical - why doesn't NW hire enough responsible mechanics? - second mechanical problem on this trip alone!). Handed out in the F line at the ticketing counter in MCI where people were sent for rebooking, handed out at one gate as pax were deplaning (the first dozen or 16 pax are probably elite - sitting in F). Put some in the seat pockets in my row, handed some out as I got off the plane (waited 15 minutes on the plane in MSP for the jetway to get fixed!!), and handed more out at the workstations in the C lounge at MSP - did that twice since I have a LONG layover now and those at the desks have rotated. Will probably get 1-2 more passes in the lounge before my 9.30pm flight! Even was able to talk with one of the FA's from the crippled plane (she doesn't even get paid in situations like this). Showed her a flyer while at the same time sympathizing with her about all the grief the FA's are going through. And even handed one to a NW elite on the inter-terminal shuttle in MCI when I decided I wanted a change of scenery so I went to a different terminal. Thanks Jaimito for preparing these.

John