FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Birmingham City Centre (Master Thread)
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:16 am
navatwal

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I stayed at the CP Birmingham around 3 weeks ago (1st time) and was told that they dont do upgrades even for Platinum members. I was disapointed by this especially since hotel seemed half empty. SO I stayed in Standard room.

I stayed there again this weekend for 2 nights (Fri and Sat). This time I booked a Club room on 2for 1 rate. (getting htis rate means hotel is not haevily occupied)

I noticed that the club floors was empty. I did visit the club lounge at around 7:15pm and noticed that there were around 10-12 people having their complimentray cocktail hour.

I think we should complain as Priority Club terms and conditions state an upgrade for Platinum customers when available, this hotel is just not giving upgrades out even when hotel is nr empty, absolutely stupid!

Platinums are your bread and butter regular customers.Did you speak with the manager? You shouldnt really have to ask for an upgrade.