FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxor vs. Planet Hollywood
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:10 pm
mwg25

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Luxor vs. Planet Hollywood

I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas the weekend of Feb. 6-8 - short notice, but my sister and I had been planning to go for a while once she turned 21 last fall, and unexpectedly the schedules just aligned and I'd like to take advantage of it!

I've stayed at the Luxor the last 3 times I've been to Vegas (all with my family - my mother decided she likes it) and they're currently offering some promos (I have a MGM/Mirage Players Club account and so am on the mailing list).

However, I'm also SPG Gold and, if all else is equal, why not stay somewhere where I can rack up some more points?

Currently, best rate for Luxor (kayak.com) = $87/night
Planet Hollywood (the only Starwood property on the Strip) = $109/night

I think $40 (total) is worth it to get some points/stay credits, especially with the bonus promo going on this quarter, but I'm really new at this game - is that a reasonable line of thinking?

Most importantly, has anyone stayed at PH and can report on the experience? We're both pretty easy-going and have traveled at both ends of the spectrum - over-the-top luxury is not necessary, but nice/fun/good service is a must.