FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Merger - The bad and Jeff you better listen
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:37 pm
avflyer

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Indufan, I don't disagree with the general theme of the post but see things a little different. I could live with LUT fares not being upgradeable as I could squeeze a slightly higher fare class and often do. But I do understand why for some it would be a deal breaker. That said, I can't get to 100K MQM at least by flying and have no interest in tacking on yet another card to get there. I fly but miles with multipliers and just make 75K. Push me further down the ladder and that would suck, especially since your LUT fares compared to my K+ fares make Delta less money - and after all, it is all about the money isn't it. And finally, speaking of money, I hear that you haven't yet had to deal with redeposit fees, but it does happen especially for those that need to book way in advance.

While borrowing your soapbox, what I completely don't get is why among all that is going on, there is a compelling need for DL to piss anyone off. Perhaps NW perks where slightly better than what DL had this past year but it couldn't have been that much better. Wouldn't simple continuation of DL's program been enough - baring a little tweaking. If, in fact, PMs are holding way too many award seats only not to ever fly them there are other ways to cure this "10%" solution.

I strongly suggest just leaving the dam program alone for a year or two. I believe we (Americans as well as those who fly DL from outside the US) have enough to deal with than to chase the one bright spot we get from trecking about on board DL aircraft while trying to make a living. And one last thing. We PM's were among the first to carry the Keep Delta My Delta charge which in no small way, made the US takeover fall apart - we deserve to be treated better - especially during these times. Instead of making a bold positive statement to your most loyal customers, you instead make us feel like we are the problem. Way to go. And like indufan, I don't believe that any one person at Delta is the problem - including Jeff. But as you enact program changes, I strongly suggest putting yourselves in our shoes before you jump.