FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Merger - The bad and Jeff you better listen
Old Jan 22, 2009, 1:24 pm
swps

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Well said I do have to disagree with you on one point.

.. Redeposit fees I have less heartburn over. The one time I that I had to redeposit miles, I would have gladly paid.
I feel like Delta should be making it a point to KEEP its current customers, not give them a reason to look elsewhere. Why do something that might potentially drive a customer away and loose revenue in the hopes of MAYBE generating some due to a redeposit. If Delta would allow changes to be made online completely, it wouldn't cost them anything other than the development costs. It would certainly make me stop looking around.

I had my company trained to buy K+ fares for me and we (me and the company) felt we got extra value for that fare especially since it could be upgraded at the time of booking. You will never get it back. Not from me. Not from thousands of others.
I completely agree with you here. I actually left Delta over this one, and didn't find greener pastures and came back. But boy did this one make me mad...it still does.

If Delta really truly wanted to have a "Best in Class" program they need to start adding benefits not taking them away.

-swps