FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways Flight Attendant would not tell me where flight crew stayed near Airport!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:53 am
tommyleo

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Agreed. I've jumped on hotel shuttles and there's the crew from my inbound flight. Nothing like the cold and icy stares that causes.

The funniest over-reaction in recent memory? During the recent BOM terror attacks/massacre when someone online pointed out that airline crews stay at one of the notable hotels under attack. Immediately, indignant posts appeared chastizing the OP for revealing the crew hotel.
I'm trying to figure out why flight crews think that they are such a security risk. Fact is, when terrorists want to attack an airplane, it's not the flight crew in particular whom the terrorists are targeting. The point is to take out the plane and everyone in it, resulting not only in a massive tragedy by killing many people but also scaring (terrorizing) people who were not even on the flight.

That said, perhaps the fear is that a terrorist will follow a flight crew into a hotel and get his hands on a uniform and ID. But if that were really a concern, why would flight crews take an ordinary hotel shuttle while still wearing their uniforms?