FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR MCT (min connect time) : OW Online Tool says "No" but will AA RTW Desk allow it?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:32 pm
cs19

Programs: Delta Pb Medallion
LHR MCT (min connect time) : OW Online Tool says "No" but will AA RTW Desk allow it?

My choices for an FCO-xLHR-PRG segments for an AONE5 either involve relatively short connections or extremely long layovers. One connection that I personally am comfortable with is FCO-LHR 11:45-13:30 and then LHR-PRG 14:55-17:55. That's 85 minutes. BA says LHR T5-T5 MCT is 60 minutes. We will be in BA's CE so should get off the a/c quicker, and have fast track at flight connection security. My only other option involves a 3 hour layover and arriving PRG at 21:25, which is later that I wanted to.

Do people think 85 min is just a bad idea to begin with? If not, the online OW booking/planning tool pulls this connection up as an error. Will the AA RTW desk see the same thing the online tool is seeing and refuse to book it, or is the AA RTW desk more flexible and they will allow an 85 min connection in LHR?

Thanks.