FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Allergy alert: Peanuts coming 2/1/09
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:15 pm
Yaatri
Suspended

Originally Posted by UCBeau
Very sad and ignorant read. Pathetic that it got published, but then again it's the opinion pages and every idiot out there has an opinion. (Not attacking the OP). - Then again it's Joel Stein...so yea it's expected.

BTW, this peanut allergy sufferer grew up in poor, crappy, ghetto Sunnyside Queens. Not lefty, not rich, not Yuppie.

In regards to the topic at hand, I always travel with an Epi-Pen so I do feel somewhat safe. That being said, I've been told that as I get older (26 now), the severity of my reaction to peanuts will increase (was told this the last time I was in the ER due to peanuts - November 2008) and as such, I'll need to be even more careful in the future. That being said, after seeing this, I'm hesitant to use NW. IME, UA/UAX has been very good about keeping a peanut free environment on their aircraft (despite their numerous other shortcomings) and that's in part earned my loyalty. When it comes time to switch (and that time is coming really soon), NW/DL will fall down several spaces. I realize I only spend about $50,000 or so a year on flying, but I do vote with my wallet.

-Severely peanut-allergic 1K
What happened? A group of peanuts ambushed you and shoved themselves into your mouth?

Seriously, what happened that led you to hospital?

DO you think we will miss your absence on NW flights.