FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The oneworld explorer ticket FAQs
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:58 pm
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by blaknail
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but can't find it.

I'm thinking of booking an (economy) oneworld explorer ticket, with the first leg LHR-CPT. If I take the optional paid upgrade to premium economy (BA WTP), what fare bucket does it book in to, and can that be upgraded with miles to Club World?

I also have some AA miles; I know the fare rules imply that you can't mix economy and business segments, but is there anything to stop me upgrading the AA legs with eVIPs or miles?

Many thanks in advance!
See rule 5(b) here
BA WTP plus books into 'T'. I don't know the BA rules regarding a futher upgrade to Club World using miles. I expect other FTers will know the answer.

No problem at all with upgrading AA legs (on AA metal that is) with AA eVIPS or miles or indeed with 500-mile stickers, which is what I recently did for my BGI-BOS on my LONE4.
- Mmm, following Bukhara's comment ("Even assuming you met the various criteria for BA's MFU scheme (ie, purchased directly from BA etc)") in the next post - I'm now unsure if the ticket has to be issued by AA in order to upgrade AA sectors (my ticket was issued by AA). Anyone know for sure?

Last edited by pandaperth; Jan 19, 2009 at 6:11 pm Reason: Bukhara's comment made me think again