FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Ticket Success - Post It Here
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:59 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by atlas1126
Just booked a SkySaver award ticket for IAH-SJD in June 09. I simultaneously coordinated two award tickets using Skymiles and Continental OnePass. At first check on CO.com and DL.com both websites wanted more than the SkySaver 35K level. I then proceeded to NWA's Japan website (http://www.nwa.com/jp/en/home.html) to search availability. After playing with dates and seeing the available awards I was able to book the following

IAH-SJD CO#1452, SJD-MEX AM#489 MEX-IAH CO#1525

Unfortunately I could not get this to show up on DL.com so I had to call the awards desk and I got fleeced for the $20 phone fee and $25 partner airline fee.
Thanks for the NWA Japan hint.
I have had 2 tickets to India in November AF JFK-CDG-MAA-CDG-PHL and 2 tickets this year for my parents ORD-CDG-DEL-CDG-ORD
The first booked online, then the system is always empty the second via the phone while driving, in 5 minutes.
AA has the best award availability calendar - a month at a time for 6 award levels. Hope DL makes it similar though I doubt it.