FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aloft Charlotte at EpiCentre [Master Thread]
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:24 am
SCPigskinPrep

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Originally Posted by phatrabbitzz
The more I stay in this hotel the more I'm annoyed by it. The lack of breakfast, the AC/heater is loud and is an actual unit, the loft feels and looks cheap.

The AC/heater unit is by far the worst thing about this hotel. I haven't been able to get a full nights sleep for 3 nights in a row now and tonight I'm just going to go out and hopefully be so tired when I come back that the unit won't wake me up every 30 minutes when it starts.

I've canceled all my future stays and am going back to the Westin. The extra points from the current promo would have been nice but I need my sleep at night.
I agree 100%

The aloft was pretty cool the first couple of stays. I had 13 stays with most of them in Charleston.

For almost the same price I can stay at the Sheraton, lounge, free breakfast, chance at a suite and a full restarant on site.

The aloft offer no chance at an upgrade, no bfast, no suites and no food. The only advantage for the aloft is the TV, the bed in some cases and "cool" factor....maybe