FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's Eat! - 2009 First Class (Domestic and International) Edition
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:56 pm
UAPremierGuy

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Flight/Route: UA36/OGG-SFO
Aircraft: 767-300-Domestic-2-class
Meal: Snack (Red-Eye)
Load-Factor in F: 100%

Once I finished cleaning the wrappers off of my seat from obviously a previous occupant , I sat down and was offered a:

Pre-Departure Beverage choice of either water of orange juice in plastic cups

Drink of choice after take-off. I asked for guava juice, but apparently that hasn't been offered on UA flights for 2-years, according to the FA (and my seat-mate asked for sparkling wine, to no avail either), so survived with a Sprite Zero.

Warm nuts in Warm Ramekins. ^

I had wanted to request a special meal (LFML) prior to departure as I wanted to see what/if it would be better than the regular meal, but, since my upgrade didn't clear until at the gate , I got stuck with the regular meal.

The meal featured two choices. Fruit plate, or chicken plate.

I chose the chicken plate. It was actually quite tasty, and a VAST improvement over just the standard fruit plate. Chicken plate featured sliced fried chicken, with a side of potato salad. Excellent brownie in a plastic wrapper offered for dessert.

Drinks were re-filled several times during the meal service, and for the time that I was awake, FA service was good to great, and attentive. ^

Hot towel and beverage offered prior to arrival. ^