FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:55 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thesaints
...and I subscribe to everything bocastephen says, except for the "they are all volunteers" part. Firefighters also are volunteers, this does not mean we shouldn't feel grateful.....
I hasten to add that I'm sure we all feel grateful - the issue at hand is a product performance one, and not something patriotic. If anyone here wishes to give up their seat for a military person, or chooses to reward a military person in some other way (buy them dinner, etc.), that is great. We should not criticize those who don't, nor should peer pressure be put on other posters (or customers by DL personnel) who elect to keep their F seat.

What we have here is a product defect perpetuated by employees who feel empowered to ignore rules at their pleasure - and the thread includes references to paid upgrades and sloppy handling of the upgrade list, so there are bigger fish to fry here than just military folks getting upgrades.