FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tesco and BA [2009 archive]
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:26 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by _nate
Isn't it absurd?

I tried to order a large quantity of Evian when a buy one get one free offer was running. Tesco actually telephoned me to let me know that they were not going to accept my order as the service "was not designed for this". Thankfully, their limit was very high back then (I think around 30 of the same item) and I only wanted six above the limit so it did not inconvenience me too much.

They don't read substitution notes properly either, I found. The slight weirdness of having to order things based on the price that applies at the time of delivery is also kind of annoying, and last time I used them they turned up late. At one point, I wanted to order some champagne to the office and that was somewhat arbitrarily prohibited because it was not a residential address.

Frankly, I would not bother with them at all were it not for the 1000 point offers - which have now disappeared, so I guess that's that.
It's very clear from the business papers today that Tesco do seem to have lost the plot. A company which believes at any time but in particular in the current economic environment that they can irritate their customers and dictate arbitrary and soviet-style terms are heading for a shock.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they see the writing on the wall. For some it is in fact too late. For various reason we have 3 deliveries scheduled to different addresses from Ocado in the next 8 days. I even found some Gruner Veltliner ..............