FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - changes on 4/1/09: Who is leaving and when [merged]
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:52 am
Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM

I already left over a year ago and have never looked back. Best decision I ever took.

What does Lifetime Platinum Elite mean anyway?

Few elite benefits remain and award tickets have a zero or negative value.
Flying Blue may not exist in another five years.
FFPs may be for the most part a thing of the past for all airlines in as much time.

For North Atlantic travelers like ourselves the reciprocal upgrades on NWDL are already coming to an end.

Most programs are putting more and more emphasis on unpublished customer priorities within or next to the elite levels (such as the DL "we love, we love you not" logic). At the same time FB calls us PE for Lifers "public relations elites", presumably because we are also treated as less than real Platinums in the upgrade logic as my upgrades were never worse until the year I qualified for PE for Life, despite my flying that year again exceeding threshold.

The only way to qualify for PE in the coming years is going to be as a captive corporate account flyer who isn't influenced by FB and figures any reward is better than nothing OR through BOTH flying substantially more and paying much more (and/or usinge a French Amex card to charge tens of thousands of company expenses) in return for...well, in return for what, exactly?