FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Board Stickies - Your thoughts....
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2009, 7:28 am
ian001

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by The Saint
My vote would be for a self-contained whinge thread, preferably sound-proofed with padded walls. I'd call it the Rant Room. Then, all those who feel the need to get things off their chest can rail against BA to their hearts' content with like-minded souls. The rest of us need never be bothered with the tedium of more seating policy rants.
Yes. I suggest it should be called "Have Your Say" and there could be daily hot topics where posters could speak their brains about the issues of the day and it would be brimming with pertinent and incisive comments, just like its BBC equivalent.

"What's the point in posting a comment???!!!! The Pee Cee Brigrade HYS mods wont print my comment's!!! Only in McBroons Britten! Its rediculess!!!"
axebbctvlicencetax, Berkhamstead

Originally Posted by Prospero
!

Swanhunter has very kindly offered to spearhead a new iteration of the Ultimate BA Guide, which in line with the previous and current versions will be created as a team effort. Also, it is our plan to include within the next release a downloadable illustrative brochure which can be copied onto your hard drive and printed so you can have a hardcopy at hand as you are travelling.
This is a good idea. It must obviously be fully compliant with BA branding guidelines!

Originally Posted by Prospero
If we were to return to first principles, one suggestion would be to structure the essential info into three separate threads as follows:

Thoughts? The separation of the Ultimate Guide is feasible but as it contains multiple embedded links it will be a nasty job for someone to do. I would be happy to work on that though.
Think this is a great idea. I would also add somewhere a guide to asking for further help, ie don't start a thread with "Help needed" as the title and no information about route, status, travelling class etc etc.