FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Expanded / additional MileSAAver award and upgrade availability for EXP
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:44 am
flymeAAway

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
As a PLT I had booked (2) F mileage saver awards for DFW-LHR for my wife and daughter but could not get a 3rd seat for myself. In my first week as EXP I called to ask about expanded availability. The first call he said "let me put in the request and see what we get back." A few seconds later he said the request was denied but keep checking back. Durring my converstaion I mentioned I was a new EXP thanks to FT. At the end of the call he said, "hey what was that web site you mentioned... I'd like to check it out." Made me think we should be recruiting some Angels to FT.

On my second call, the angel said let me see if I can get something to open up for you. After a lot of typing she had emailed "her contact at rev mgt" and said to call back on Monday morning for an update. Monday morning I called back and I had my third mileage saver award.

On my first call it sounded like he was putting a request into an automated system to see if he could get expanded avilability. On the second request, the Angel went the extra mile and sent an email to rev management which opened up. FWIW- based upon my experience and an earlier post, say 2 months ago, that it seems that there is a hidden automated system to check for expanded award but your best value comes from the personal contacts a particular angel may have and decide to enagage on your behalf.