FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:34 am
faciar

Quote:

"There is NO terms and conditions of the travel vouchers if you are talking about TYN - because there is NO travel vouchers issued by TYN.

You can redeem your TYP for any airline's ticket, but as posted multiple times on many TYP related threads, EACH AIRLINE HAS ITS OWN POLICY REGARDING RESIDUAL VALUE FROM CANCELLED TICKETS. Some are easy to use some are not. Some requires you use the full value all at one purchase, and for the original passenger ONLY, such as AS."

This is exactly what I was trying to find out - the policies of the airlines regarding residual value from cancelled tickets. I have looked on the airline websites regarding ticket changes and these policies are not spelled out. Is there any place I can find them? I hate to rely upon a phone representative to give me absolutely correct information, since I have been misinformed in the past.

And yes, I did read all the threads - but please understand that I have never done this before ....
Thanks to all who have been patient with my questions.