FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Redemption Help: LON to LAS
Thread: Redemption Help: LON to LAS
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2009, 5:11 am
Tiger_lily

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Ed Artrocker
Hi all, do you think that I could get the following routing on a redemption or will 'computer say no'?

LHR/LCY-FRA LH C
FRA-SFO LH F (maybe stop over here)
SFO-LAS UA Y (no C on this route it seems) or US C
I'd go from LCY if you really want to go on LH

Have you considered via the cesspit of LAX on NZ? The downside of that is of course LAX. SFO is much more civilised.

There is a direct United flight that goes LHR-SFO and has F class so I'm worried that they'll try to push me towards that (which is massively inferior right?)
UA isn't so bad in F

or even worse say any route via SFO is backtracking.
There's nothing more direct since the demise of MAN-LAS

If it's not valid as above I was thinking was maybe a separate ticket in LH Y for LHR-FRA which would save me a ton of APD (am I right that I'd get charged full £80 APD for having a connecting flight out of FRA in F?).
Yes, you pay the full whack on a through ticket.

Only thing I'm worried about with that is missing the connection in FRA, as both tickets would be on LH would they re-protect me if that happen?
LH would be under no obligation to look after you on 2 separate PNR's. You are much better off on a single booking/ticket for the sake of a few quid, or doing an overnight in FRA to ensure that you make the connection.

I suppose the only other option would be to go in either C or F on the United flight, would anyone recommend that or is UA just too rubbish to contemplate?
UA F isn't as bad as some people make out.