FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWI TDC (playing BDO/SPOT) harasses, terrorizes, interrogates 3-year-old
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:38 pm
T-the-B

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA
Originally Posted by HSVTSO Dean
Which is exactly what I was talking about. It's not a "policy." Just because someone in a TSA uniform talks to someone who isn't, that doesn't make them a BDO, . . .

Dean, I normally agree with most things you say; and I'm sure you're a dedicated and reasonable TSA employee. However; how can I believe you when you say "It's not a 'policy'"? After all TSA hides its policies, including the rules they expect travellers to follow under the cloak of "SSI".

Let me ask you for an honest opinion. Assuming someone promulgated a policy of questioning children under 6 years of age, would you expect TSA to do it in the light of day or to classify it as SSI? And if it proved to be a PR disaster, would you expect TSA to admit the truth or deny it?

You needn't answer publicly, but think about it. Can you understand why your agency is distrusted the most by those who most frequently come into contact with it?