FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWI TDC (playing BDO/SPOT) harasses, terrorizes, interrogates 3-year-old
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:54 pm
HSVTSO Dean

Which is exactly what I was talking about. It's not a "policy." Just because someone in a TSA uniform talks to someone who isn't, that doesn't make them a BDO, and it doesn't mean that they're playing SPOT. There ain't that many BDOs in the TSA (off-hand, I want to say it's, like, 8% or so, given the released numbers of uniformed TSA personnel versus BDOs).

It wasn't an interrogation. The dude was just trying to be friendly. Like I said, I've seen children react the exact same way to Santa Clause, or to any various and sundry other things. It's what kids do.

It's not cause for discipline on the TSO's part, and it's something that, in the grand scheme of things, is just ridiculous to get all bent out of shape over. He probably talks to dozens of children a day, and they probably get a big bright smile and announce their names and he gives a big bright smile back and tells them, by their name, to have a great trip.

It's an inconsequential outrage.