FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:05 pm
CNWO4LIFE
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by mendycal
I fervidly second the emotion expressed in this post. My partner and I just returned from a six-day trip to Punta Mita and received the same downright awful service. After over 150 SPG stays in the last three years across geographical and brand spectrums, I'm finally brought to express my displeasure. This property taints the St. Regis and Starwood names. Quoth Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek, "Simply stunning."

Thought you readers would appreciate a helping of what we experienced at Punta Mita...though first, let me echo uapremier's sentiments that by the time we realized we were visiting a pig-with-lipstick, it just wasn't worth looking into switching properties (beyond the Four Seasons, which we did but couldn't find availability). Isolated, some of the anecdotes may seem trivial. Compounded by frequency and constant repetition of the same mistakes, they created a sort of Theater of the Absurd:
So your telling me that there was no other lodging at ALL within 5 miles? Hell, a cardboard box seems more tempting than what you just described. I think after 2 days of that I could have found something. Anything. No way I would have stayed there for almost a week.
What a way to start your first post.