FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One World Revolutions - Around Mostly the Southern Hemisphere
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:29 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Santiago #3

With an evening arrival and a very early flight next morning I decided to stay near the airport. A couple of nice promos and the Holiday Inn Santiago Airport should give me a good start on requalifying with Priority Club.

Check in was quick. I was given a basic room - no upgrade for status. No amenities other than the usual toiletries. No newspaper in the morning.

According to the bumpf in the room, the business centre with internet is free (but access limited to 20 minutes a time although I suspect this is not enforced in quiet times).

The power plugs in the room were all loose and some did not work so the wiring was suspect

The shower was good, and bed okay. It was an okay room but not great by any means, and a bit pricey for what it was, but then that is not unusual for hotels located on airport grounds (simply cross the road and you are at the terminal).

There was a delay at check out when I wondered if my card had been declined. It hadn´t. The points haven´t yet posted.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 4, 2009 at 10:35 pm