FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's Eat! - 2009 First Class (Domestic and International) Edition
Old Jan 2, 2009, 1:06 pm
UAPremierGuy

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Flight/Route: UA71/DEN-OGG
Aircraft: 767-300-Domestic-2-class
Scheduled Departure Time: 12:00 ACTUAL: 14:49
Meal: Lunch and a Snack
Load-Factor in F: 97%

The pilot on this flight was excellent. Despite 4 in-operative items on this aircraft that needed to be fixed prior to take-off, the pilot came out to the gate several times stating that the delay was "no one's fault but mine." Truly an example, and helped us understand the reason behind the delay. ^^

Once we finally boarded, PDB consisted of Water or Orange Juice option in plastic cup. Then we waited. And waited. Apparently, the mechanics were in a "shift change" in weren't actively working on the engine, so we had to wait. Purser decided to play NBC in-flight on the big screens, and offered those of us a drink of choice. I asked for a Mai Tai (hehe). Of course, none on hand, so I had a Red Canyon red wine. I believe it was a Cab, 2007. Not very good at all.

Once airborne, we were offered a drink of choice with warm nuts. This was followed by a hot towel service. ^ I again, for whatever reason, chose the Red Wine. Next time if I see that wine on offer, I'm choosing a beer.

Next, tray service consisting of a small salad in a bowl with cucumbers, 2 or 3 olives, and lettuce. Quite good with one tub of Ranch Dressing.

Choice of 2 rolls from the bread basket. Butter served on tray. Roll was excellent and soft.^

Soon, entree came. Choice of Raviolli or Chicken with Spinach and Roasted Potatoes. I chose and received the raviolli. I thought it was very good. ^

Some sort of lemon tart for dessert, which wasn't too bad.

Break in service for an hour or two, then it was time for a snack.
About 2-hours prior to landing.

SMALL fruit and cheese plate (similar to the one on the SFO-SEA legs in the evening).
2-slices of cheese, several grapes, 1 plastic package of crackers. Served on a small tray with utensils.

I expected something a bit more for the snack, but was nonetheless happy with the lunch. Flight attendants were friendly throughout the flight.