FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's Eat! - 2009 First Class (Domestic and International) Edition
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:26 pm
Kurt

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA482/SFO-DEN
Aircraft/Seat: A319/2C
Departure Time/Duration: 7:10 p.m./2:24
Meal: Dinner

My last flight of 2008 was a good one - the purser (Eve, I believe) was funny and kept the drinks flowing. We were offered a choice of drink at the gate (always a good sign) and I enjoyed a quick Chivas on the rocks with a bit of water.

After takeoff we were offered more drinks and warm nuts. I switched to Shiraz ("Would you like a tumbler? It holds more." ), which went well with the stuffed shells I chose. The shells were stuffed with ricotta and had a nice al-dente texture, with a mildly spicy marinara sauce and a bit of mozzarella melted on top (a warm roll/butter and salt/pepper were also on the tray). Not the prettiest meal, but hot and satisfying enough for a two-hour flight. The other entree was a cold chicken breast with grapes, actually a nice option given the post-7 p.m. departure.

A piece of chocolate cake with cherry bits (UA must have bought this dessert by the truckload) completed the meal. In Y the "short-haul snacks" were being sold, including chips and Toblerone bars. We had a choppy approach into Denver but arrived a few minutes early. My checked suitcase was waiting at the carousel with a bottle of red wine inside, unbroken. I took it as a good omen for 2009