FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's Eat! - 2009 First Class (Domestic and International) Edition
Old Jan 1, 2009, 3:08 pm
Kurt

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA721/DEN-SFO
Aircraft/Seat: 757-200/5C
Departure Time/Duration: 11:11 a.m./3:00
Meal: Lunch

This was just before Christmas but I'm just now getting around to organizing photos, so it'll go in 2009.

I was booked on UA89 at 4:05 p.m. (connecting to SBA) but it was threatening snow so I got on the standby list and made it onto 721 with no trouble other than having to park in the Mt. Elbert lot and its long bus ride.

After taking off on 34L and taking in the rather sobering sight of CO1404 (three days after the fact) down in the ravine, we were served drinks and warm nuts. I chose a G&T.

Lunch was a choice of a warm turkey sandwich or a turkey salad. A cheese-covered sandwich didn't appeal so I chose the salad, which was delicious, with mixed greens and large chunks of turkey, plus cherry tomatoes, celery, Swiss cheese chunks, kalamata olives and walnuts. Two tubs of Naturally Fresh ranch dressing and a warm roll/Grassland butter, plus a salt/pepper packet were on the single tray. Simple but very high quality ingredients. The Canyon Road red (Shiraz?) tasted fine and refills were offered consistently. The sandwich looked very gooey with cheese and had a couscous/mandarin orange/greens side salad.

After lunch I had a stretch in the rear galley and missed the chocolate chip cookie, but I asked a flight attendant and she quickly brought one to me as we began our descent into SFO. The crew (five instead of the usual four) was friendly and in a nice holiday mood.