FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Crystal City, VA (was Sheraton) [Master Thread]
Old Dec 31, 2008, 6:28 pm
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
I needed a one night stay recently to hit Starwood Platinum status for the year and found this property at $69.

The crystal city metro is just around the corner from this property so that makes it very convenient to the metro.

I arrived later in the evening and the front desk clerk ask me if I wanted a kink or double (I had booked a kink) and I said a king room, she said good because I can upgrade you. Not sure what that meant but at any rate I was assigned a room on the club floor. She the ask if I intended to have breakfast in the morning, I said I think so.....I was then informed the lounge was closed and given a coupon for breakfast. The room was a pretty standard room on the club floor. I found it to be dated even though it was obviously recently renovated.

There are quite a few restaurants near the hotel on Crystal drive and it is a good thing as the hotel restaurant was closed on the evening when I arrived (due to the holidays I guess).

Breakfast in the morning at the restaurant was horrible. I am pretty easy to please on breakfast usually but the selection, quality and service was sad. The single lady working breakfast tried hard and was nice but was just too slow and needed help. I finished my breakfast before I was even offered coffee. The selection was scrambled eggs, bacon and some very bad potatoes on the warm side and bread and a few pastries on the more continental side. I did not check to see how much they charged for it but it was bad.

For the price and location it was fine but there are better options in Crystal City unless you need some Starwood stays.