FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waitlist improvements for OnePass upgrade rewards – coming June 17th
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:09 am
mbreuer

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Hi,

Might be some more glitches... I did report this to co.com support, but not sure that was the correct place.

Here's what happened:

We were traveling ewr-cun - 4 people, 2 PNR's. 2 waitlisted upgrades from my account (gold) and 2 from my wife's account (silver). The other individuals (one on my pnr and one on my wife's) are non-elite.

At the 24 hour mark, we all received a co.com error message via email (separate issue that ought to be addressed). I was unable to checkin as not all of us had recently had our passports swiped at the airport. I was asked as to whether I wanted a first class upgrade if one was available, as was my wife. I answered "yes" in both cases, not sure what would happen to the waitlist if I said no. That answer split the PNR's into 4 total.

At the airport, after checkin, I checked the PDA site. As first looked full, I didn't see any possibility of upgrades, however the standby list was odd:

I was not on the list. The other three of us were, with the non-elite waitlisted with my miles at the top, followed by the other two (who have the same initials). There was one person below us.

I asked at the PC about me being missing. The person there said that they couldn't see mileage upgrades, but she put me on the list. I was below the others in my party (seemed odd). She suggested I call the elite desk and ask about it. The elite desk CSR said that there was no more mileage waitlist, and that it was all under, "airport control." I asked if the mileage waitlist was gone, why were the 2 non-elite people on the list. She was deeply perplexed, and suggested co.com support might help. They had no idea.

Note: as we would not have received upgrades in any event, there was no issue, other than perhaps there is a glitch in the system that might affect someone's future upgrades.

Questions:
  1. Why was my name not added to the standby list?
  2. When it was added, why #4?
  3. Why doesn't the onepass elite desk or co.com support know about the new waitlist rules after the 24 hour mark?

Thanks.

P.S.: I can PM the PNR's and co.com tracking number if necessary.