FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa, CA [Master Thread]
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:49 pm
latony

Programs: Delta Diamond, United GS, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
just stayed

I just did my first stay here to complete my 25 stays to make platinum!
We've been to legoland with my 2 sons a few times and have been wanting to stay here. Cost was very reasonable $149/night. It's a very clean hotel, nice lobby, and everything is very kid-friendly. Restaurant has nice kids menu, all the waiters were very attentive to details like bringing out crayons, and drinks with lids/straws.

As a platinum, no upgrade.. and with 2 kids, I can tell you I really wanted a suite. I should have used points but thought I had a chance. 18 other platinums were staying there (26th/27th) The shuttle is a toyota sienna minivan that never had more than a 10 min wait. Picked you up and dropped us off with stroller in the back to the front of legoland. The back private entrance is also walkable (about 7 min walk) which at 10am when the park opens is awesome since the back of the park is practically empty since everyone is coming thru the front. It was great to go to the rides and things that you know will get crowded first.

Also, I didn't get the complimentary water bottle as I normally do. The clublounge got definitely crowded, but beer/soda/water and quesadillas were being served. Breakfast they had a custom omelette guy there which was nice.

Rooms were average, and we were on the first floor. Great thing is the fireworks show during the holiday at legoland was shot from the parking lot of the sheraton. So we watched it from our room and it was the closest i've ever been. very cool for the kids.

Service was hit or miss. One of the front desk guys that helped me just didn't have a clue and took 6-7 min to get me checked in.

I'd definitely stay there again but would probably use points to guarantee a suite with kids. or 2 rooms that are adjoining.