FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One World Revolutions - Around Mostly the Southern Hemisphere
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:30 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Transit in Amman

This was very simple. At one side of the immigration area is a transfer desk. They were ready for me and another connecting passenger on our flight and checked me in for the next 2 flights very quickly (for which I was grateful as I did not expect the next transit to go as smoothly, which proved to be the case). Show my boarding pass and let through a door to departures. Then up the escalator to the fairly new (a couple of months old I think) Crown Lounge.

This is quite good. Some computers tucked away in a room to the left of reception. Plenty of seating. Individual tv screens complete with headsets in a kind of suite arrangement. Plenty of good food and drink. Toilets. Unfortunately the shower has a charge to use which frankly shocked me. Each flight is called in the lounge. The down escalator was broken but there is a choice of stairs or lift.

With the terminal being fairly small it is not far to reach any gate, with a security check before you reach the block of gates (1-3 or 4-6 if flying RJ). The WTMD was set to high sensitivity so everyone got a pat down.