FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:00 am
aa767flyer

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
I am here now. Terrible experience already. After two nights at the Westin Nagoya, were the staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, I find myself let down here.

Check-in took over 45 minutes, then were given two rooms in what the receptionist called the "Old Wing." We requested rooms in the new wing and were told these were reserved for guests visiting Kyoto for the New Year. I read this to mean Japanese guests, not American's visiting Kyoto for New Year. After telling her this would not work and we would go to the Hyatt she consulted with her peer and then offered free breakfast. Our rate included breakfast so I pointed this out and was then offered coffee or afternoon tea in the cafe. I told her this would not be acceptable and I would like a room in one of the refurbished wings. Again she insisted these rooms were for guests visiting Kyoto for the New Year. I pushed again and we were offered two rooms in the "New Wing," but we were told now we could not request a late check out. We were told to have a seat and we would be shown to our room. After 15 minutes, I asked where the key was and we were told that we had to wait to be shown our room. I said we were capable of walking to our rooms alone but were told it is policy to be walked to the room. I am confused at this point. We are show are rooms which are online with what we had in a previous stay and all is well.

I am just confused with the whole line of these rooms are for guests visiting Kyoto for the New Year?