FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Ridiculous fares WAS-YYZ
Thread: Question: Ridiculous fares WAS-YYZ
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2008, 9:00 pm
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
yeah, I guess everyone who lives here has their favorites and less favorites. Personally for me living in NoVA getting to BWI is a major pain. From where I live it is easy to get to IAD by taking the Metro 2 stops and then getting on the Washington Flyer bus for a 20 minute ride to the airport. Depending on my travels days it can actually take less time to get to IAD than DCA if I time it right.

And now IAD is doing away with the "mobile lounges". You can get to some gates now by going through an underground walkway. Soon there will be underground trains to all terminals. And the buses don't really take that long to get you where you are going. For flights from YYZ and YUL at least you clear US immigration and customs in Canada so you don't have to deal with the really slow mobile lounges to the international arrivals building and the slowness there.

And yes, I was referring in my original post to AC's direct, non-stop flights. United's regional partners used to also have direct flights from IAD to YYZ. Maybe those are gone now so AC doesn't have to compete any more and jacked up the price.