View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 08, 2:36 pm
BHDBOY

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI GC, BA EC, AAdvantage, AB Top Bonus
Strange Happenings with redemption ticket numbers

May I pick your collective brain on this one

I was playing about on this site, the SAS Australia website Amadeus tool.

https://wftc3.e-travel.com/plnext/SA...&SITE=CAPVCAPV

with a future redemption DUB-FRA-SEA-PHX-FLG (FLG is Flagstaff, Arizona before you all rush to look up the IATA airport code directory) with DUB-FRA-SEA LH J and SEA-PHX-FLG in US F and Y.

The US legs had been slightly retimed a few weeks ago (approx 45 mins) for both legs but also significantly each got new flight numbers. What appeared in the CMT record was basically

US OLD FLIGHT NUMBER UNABLE TO CONFIRM, DOES NOT OPERATE

US NEW FLIGHT NUMBER (AND SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT TIME) CONFIRMED

Those who have played about with the above SAS Australia website may know that it provides significantly more functionality than CMT, and tonight it offered me the option to acknowlege changes to the itinerary, so I clicked 'Acknowlege Changes.'

What has happened is the ticket numbers which previously read DUBLIN-FLAGSTAFF now just read DUBLIN-SEATTLE. However the itinerary the whole way to FLG still appears. At no point have I spoken to bmi about this booking since it was made, I assume all changes have been made unilaterally by US.

What do you think has happened here?

A) There was some balls up with the rebooking by US and the tickets also need re-issuing by bmi.
B) I have inadvertently cancelled half of the flights for my holiday.
C) Something else.

I will of course be speaking to BD over the next day or two on this matter, but perhaps I could have your thoughts in the intervening period.

Last edited by BHDBOY; Dec 28, 08 at 6:10 pm