FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One World Revolutions - Around Mostly the Southern Hemisphere
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:00 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
After a long walk from the end gate to immigration, there was little wait and with no checked bags I arrived landside a full 45 minutes before scheduled arrival. I changed some money while I waited for my ride which had been taken by surprise at how early I was out.

Some more trivia. Sydney to Johannesburg was the third time I've flown over Antarctica (in this case the edge), with the previous times being the sightseeing overflight and the flight from Buenos Aires earlier in the report. The flight was also only my second intercontinental route crossing that is wholly in the Southern Hemisphere (an earlier Johannesburg to Singapore flight just crossed the Equator).

Johannesburg is my 42nd Qantas destination, which means Qantas is once again the airline which I've flown to the 2nd most airports (behind Air NZ on 54 and reclaiming the spot taken by Singapore Airlines a couple of months ago).

Johannesburg is the 3rd airport this year which I flown to/from that is over 1 mile in altitude (1694m, Denver 1655m, Addis Ababa 2334m).