FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT MARCH 31, 2009: Palace Hotel, Copenhagen [Master Thread]
Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:41 am
tommy777

Originally Posted by Hanlgt

Although the bathroom, tub and shower were fine, here were the strangenesses that we noticed in that next room:
1. lighting
2. decor
3.un-comfy chair
4. No screen on old windows, and window must be left open unless you like heat from the day to hit you when you walk in your room
5. no drawers anywhere
6. towel warmer not working
7.clock on tv cannot be seen from the bed and there is none on nightstand
8. No phone near bed

The nice things were:
1. coffee/tea set up
2. robes and slippers
3. little modern bar downstairs
4. LOCATION

The location is the only real reason to stay here in my view. It felt very un-luxurious to me for the prices they charge.
We had no problems with 1-3 on your negative list. I think the design/decor and lighting of the room was quite nice. Comment on #4 If you check out the pictures, you can see the heavy, red blinds. Also, the air condition system is now working, so no need to keep the windows open in the summer.

Also noticed that there's only one phone and it's located on the desk near the TV and that there's no clock radio.

I guess/hope they are still adding stuff to the rooms and that there will be a clock radio when the hotel is officially done with the refurb in January 09