FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LEFT MARCH 31, 2009: Palace Hotel, Copenhagen [Master Thread]
Old Dec 25, 2008, 7:56 pm
Hanlgt

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
Originally Posted by tommy777

The bathroom was funny, it was divided in two.
Admittedly, I stayed here in September, but we couldn't deal with the weird bathroom, so we switched rooms to a room that had a shower and toilet in the same place.
We were two women friends who didn't really feel like traipsing across the room soaking wet and a) getting a towel, or b) loading up on various toiletries to transfer around.
Actually you can keep towels in that huge shower room thing, but they are likely to get wet. Plus, sometimes I like a bathtub. There was a sink also in our shower room and I was wondering what sort of items I could have kept there, realizing that they would be soaked after I was done showering.

Also, our room faced the City Hall and large square. There was a view of the square and also of the huge and ancient clock which is not a lovely chiming sound--especially at 8 AM after a long flight, or at any other hour, on the hour.

So we moved.

Although the bathroom, tub and shower were fine, here were the strangenesses that we noticed in that next room:
1. lighting
2. decor
3.un-comfy chair
4. No screen on old windows, and window must be left open unless you like heat from the day to hit you when you walk in your room
5. no drawers anywhere
6. towel warmer not working
7.clock on tv cannot be seen from the bed and there is none on nightstand
8. No phone near bed

The nice things were:
1. coffee/tea set up
2. robes and slippers
3. little modern bar downstairs
4. LOCATION

The location is the only real reason to stay here in my view. It felt very un-luxurious to me for the prices they charge.