FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on On My Way
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:54 pm
Clipper801

Originally Posted by Stranger
That may be true. But who cares?

If, like 99.99% of us, bought your ticket using Amex or a premium CC, their insurance will cover.

Without having to spend time on the phone with AC or the Out Of My Way 1-800 number.
The wait to access an AC agent may be over 2 hours such as my case on Sunday evening, fortunately at the comfort of my home! OMW callers are obviously jumped to the top of the queue base on neuron's post. I rang in on the Elite no. ending with 7X64.

Originally Posted by neuron
OMW did all the leg work for me, no reimbursements, no hunting and pecking for a hotel. One phone call is all it took. Maybe I'm not "like 99.99% of us" !

Anyway, I was only reporting my experience FWIW. If you are happy with your cc coverage, you have no need for it.
The comment that you quoted was actually made by Stranger, not me (Post #18). In any case, I concur that On My Way is worth the money based on your experience. When you're able to access an agent within 3 rings and everything - flight protection, hotel, etc. is arranged spoke for it. Excellent decision to buy OMW especially during winter travel. Many folks now stuck at the airport with the next flight until 2 or 3 days later probably regretting being penny wise and pound foolish not to have bought OMW!

Last edited by Clipper801; Dec 24, 2008 at 9:02 pm