FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on On My Way
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:20 pm
neuron

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Clipper801
The fact that neuron was able to get through to an agent so quickly is already worth it.

I was wondering if neuron rang the OMW line immediately to arrange the flight protection rather than waiting for the AC agent, would s/he been able to get on the earlier flight? Was the wait to see the AC agent long?

Sunday night, I waited >2h to speak with an AC agent, calling in on the Elite no.
No, agent told me my flight was cancelled when I got to the airport and tried to checkmy bags. I called OMW immediately and the phone was picked up within three rings.

Originally Posted by Stranger
If, like 99.99% of us, bought your ticket using Amex or a premium CC, their insurance will cover.

Without having to spend time on the phone with AC or the Out Of My Way 1-800 number.
OMW did all the leg work for me, no reimbursements, no hunting and pecking for a hotel. One phone call is all it took. Maybe I'm not "like 99.99% of us" !

Anyway, I was only reporting my experience FWIW. If you are happy with your cc coverage, you have no need for it.

Last edited by neuron; Dec 25, 2008 at 9:06 am Reason: wrong name on quote, sorry Clipper801